keeping my stupid mouth shut

Early to bed, early to rise. Monday walk with Robert, Tuesday cardiac rehab at BayMed, Wednesday walk with Robert, Thursday peace, Friday cardiac rehab at BayMed. HarbourVillage has an exercise room, with a key now, I’ll check it out today. Obviously, I should have been more active early in life and throughout the years, but always thought of self as a thinker instead: unfortunately when I thinks I falls asleep. 

Yesterday the university library was full of students studying for finals, Kristen told me, when the lobby filled up with demonstrators chanting and singing. This makes me uneasy. 

Socio political, not waxing wise but obvious, why in a town that’s eighty percent black are residents complaining about the white power structure, and that’s my final word about Ferguson, this is my solemn vow.

Proud and impressed, FB pics of Allison in uniform radiant and ready for life. I knew ye when, little girl, blessings and Go Army. 

All these years, I’ve noticed the aging stranger in the bathroom with me, the evil Dorian Gray himself, but who would have thought those children I knew and taught and watched and adored in kindergarten, grade school and middle school would turn on me and grow up into adults. They keep doing it, this keeps happening to me, I can’t stand it, loved life and the world as it was, hurry up, time machine. Turn, turn, turn, you’re going the wrong way.

Face that was stitched back on after my latest fall looks as normal as it ever did, which is to say not very. Stitches in the lips are slow dissolving. 


Scary stranger in the bathroom mirror lives on, none the wiser. What does he do in there all day? 

W