one of these days

Life is less hassle if one keeps it organized, which is counter to my nature and against my religion. Case in point, my early morning effort to reorder prescribed medications. A week or so ago Express Scripts emailed me that it was time to reorder lest meds run out. I knew, because there were only a few pills in each white plastic bottle, but was dreading it because it’s always such a major hassle that sometimes I say the hell with it and just wait until my next doctor appointment. Actually, I just did that once, and it was the statin, and all my numbers literally doubled, not good. This time I got on top of it. Find the Express Script reminder email. Try to log on. Fail, rebuffed and confounded by the system. Yep, here we go. Try again, guessing different user name. Fail. Try again, guessing different password. Superfail. Think. Unfortunately, when I thinks, I goes to sleep. Wake up at 5:15, have breakfast black coffee, one slice wheat toast plain with pecan pumpkin butter. Resume Express Script log in project. Fail. Do not smash computer. Bad words. Try log in again. Fail. Very bad words, I learned these words at sea nearly sixty years ago. Try "I forgot my password" route. Mess it up really, really bad. For these and all other sins which I cannot now remember, I am truly sorry. I pray God to have mercy on me. I firmly intend amendment of life, and I humbly beg forgiveness of God and his Church, and ask you for counsel, direction, and absolution. Look in the selfie camera on my iPhone and absolve myself, it’s convenient being a priest. Resume project. Frustration. Stop, think, try to not fall asleep. Grit teeth and think hard. Suddenly remember where my Express Scripts user name and p/w are written down, find them, log on, renew four prescriptions, pay, log off, relax.

Had I been organized there would have been no dread, no frustration; no bad words and no need to go to private confession, just me and my iPhone and the sign of the cross. 

My life has been totally disorganized since 1 Feb 1978, the day of my Navy retirement. The end of next month I will have lived in my personal zoo for 37 years. The twenty years before that, there was always a sailor (at sea) or secretary (shore duty) to keep me on track. Before that, college professors. Before that, my mother. One of these days I’ve got to get organized. Well, Linda does it for me, trying to keep me alive, but she won’t fool with my computer stuff. 

Weather 32401. 64F light drizzle white fog zero visibility. Not a bad Saturday morning in December. 

Tomorrow morning is Saint Nicholas Sunday. Inviting everyone to come into Battin Hall between services, we will not have Adult Sunday School: adult sunday school is cancelled for tomorrow, December 7. 

The fog is getting thicker. Both in my brain and outside my window across St. Andrews Bay.

W