PRISM

Sunday, February 7, 2016, a day that will live in infamy: I almost did the Seminole chop, but forced my arm down and restrained it. 


In Tallahassee we attended PRISM in the Ruby Diamond Concert Hall, my first time ever in the magnificent building that in my mind as a college student sixty years ago symbolized Florida State University. 



One wonderful music presentation after another lighting up different parts of the hall, symphony orchestras, ensembles, 



the Marching Chiefs raising the roof and, as the conclusion of two all-too-short hours, everyone but me singing “Hymn to the Garnet and the Gold,” and doing the Seminole chop, PRISM turned out to be my favorite Sunday afternoon in memory. “PRISM: a collaboration with the Florida State University College of Music” says the billing. Beyond incredible.



A Christmas gift to Linda and me from TJCC.

Lunch at Food Glorious Food, hadn’t been there in years and they’d expanded. Catfish on collard greens and grits, topped with shoestring potatoes, an imaginative presentation I should’ve captured on film but didn’t. Best in the universe, their coconut cream pie may also be the most expensive, but hey, who cares, we brought home a slice to share. 

Monday before Shrove Tuesday.

Thos+