bloody murder


Early evening we treated ourselves to a movie I especially wanted to see, the 2017 production of Murder on the Orient Express. Hercule Poirot is new where no one could equal the portrayal David Suchet brought to the character with his tottering penguin walk, expressions, fastidious fussiness, precious mannerisms. 


A couple favorite lines. Poirot declining Ratchett’s job offer with the observation that it’s not just that the case doesn’t interest him, it’s more personal, “I don’t like your face.” And later with passengers assembled in, I think the diner, “I am perhaps the greatest detective in the world.”

Great movie, indescribably beautiful scenes, but quite serious, only a line or two of humor (above). I might rather find the dvd 1974 movie with all superstar cast and also the tv production with Suchet. 

Today’s excitement: son Joe here for a week!


DThos+