TUIT

TUIT, round tuit, I never got a round tuit earlier this morning, so there was no wakeup blogpost. I did sit staring at the screen for a long time, MacBook sitting open in my lap, eyes scanning my screensaver/desktop picture.


A friend sent it to me awhile back, challenging me to identify the cars. I set up a “plot” and ID’d all the ones I could get close enough to, then made it my desktop screensaver picture. It has cars from my favorite era, which would be the 1930s, when I got started in life.

We got out the ladder and cleaned all the ceiling fan blades, 7H has three of them, one in each bedroom and one in the living room. I swallowed furo-forty and later cardio stuff, which within about half hour mandates an hour nap. Malinda came over late morning with a rug shampoo machine from Lowe’s and shampooed the rug in the Beck room. After lunch we moved the furniture out of the dining room and now she’s about to shampoo it. 

Some of my favorite cars are in the picture, 1939 Plymouth convertible sedan, 1938 Dodge sedan, there’s a 1934 Chevrolet with dual side-mounts, a black 1937 Buick and a red 1939 Buick, a 1939 Chrysler front and center, and way in the background a 1939 Dodge coming this way, and a 1937 (could be 1938, I can’t see the front grill well enough to tell for sure) Chevrolet coupe sitting parked along the left side of the beach picture. The picture is no earlier than 1939, on Daytona Beach as I recall, could be early 1940 but there are no 1940 automobiles pictured. 

In another photo, in the late 1980s, George Chapel and I selected that hanging lantern for over the front porch of Trinity Church, to replace a ludicrously little one that had been there for some years. Still looks good.


Oh, and one morning early, I was inside the Bill Lloyd Building of Holy Nativity Episcopal School to see what was being done to correct ceiling boards that had come loose and fallen because of a humidity factor. 


Came across a shot I took of an oversize fly enjoying a bite of cake before it was cut. 



DThos+