http://outlawoyster.com/

Interesting and fun Christmas Day, continues on with whatever elegant Tuesday breakfast Linda is stirring up, and the turkey (yesterday we had a beef tenderloin from which early today I enjoyed a sandwich) for noontide feast. 

Deliciously, lots of chocolate in my section of the excitement. Uniquely, astonishingly even Linda in on the secret, the Spinks arrived with an ice chest containing a couple dozen oysters, beautiful, uniform even to the dark stripe across the top shell, clean, from Outlaw Oyster Co. of Panacea. My ancient oyster knife dug out from its drawer, I towelled up and instantly began opening these for whomever. Joe had several, Ray had at least one, Kristen had one, Britany had one, I had the most and will finish the remaining six or seven for breakfast this morning. Delicious, briny and perfect, they are farmed oysters that are amazingly clean, no dirt or grime, because they are raised at or near the surface instead of oysters’ usual bottom living, loving and feeding. 


A book to read part of, the Rise and Fall of the Incomparable Liturgy the Book of Common Prayer 1559 - 1906 by Bryan D. Spinks. This being my kind of liturgical love and theology, I may need to order my own copy to read at leisure instead of rushing through before the Mazda returns to Tallahassee early afternoon.

Cold outside for us 40sF and dry, feels bitter though it isn’t. 


On the second day of Christmas, my …