going, going


Whether delicious beginnings or loss and sad or beautiful endings, it’s the clouds, isn’t it. The sun faithfully does its act day to day, dawn and dusk, hour by hourly, but it’s the clouds, the clouds that make all the difference. Not to wax ridiculous, but it’s true, and tonight’s sunset is splendiferous no matter what may have come or passed this day. 

My blogpost is never written evenings, but today was an up-too-soon and working all morning, late lunch, nap, and here I am watching sunset’s dying moments as I sip a “small coffee” in my Life is Good mug that for all its trademark and motto is still and all the ubiquitous heavy white mug that I sipped hundreds of black coffees from in wardrooms those Navy years at sea. Would I go back? No, but if going, it’d havta be a helluva lot farther back than Navy years. 

And what prevents me? All those sunsets.



DThos+