Deputy Nelson


Watching from 7H, it's ding nigh impossible to ignore clouds trying to cover the rising or setting moon, here sliding toward the sea at 6:30 this morning, one of many wonders of our retirement home. 



Graduation last evening, commencement of new life as Ryan Nelson was awarded his certificate from the GCSC Law Enforcement Academy.



by Mr. Greg May, Chair of Public Safety and Dr. John Holdnak, President of Gulf Coast State College. Ryan to me may always be the two year old boy who used to break loose from his mother during the closing hymn at Grace Episcopal Church, PCB in 2000 and 2001, run down the aisle and leap into my arms. But to the world now he's Deputy Sheriff Nelson, BCSO. 

When we arrived at the college for the graduation ceremony last evening and Ryan came over to greet us, I told him, "Linda made me move the car out of an illegal space just now so you wouldn't ticket me," and he said, "It could happen!"

Ryan!! It's me! Father Tom!

But the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics includes the promise, "I will not ... permit personal feelings ... or friendships to influence my decisions," so, okay, Ryan!



He's still my boy, and I love him!

T