Yesterday

Woken early, two-sumpm-nother by Father Nature, something occurred to me to blog on, but after a back to half sleep, wake and cup of coffee from my magic bean machine (thank you again, Mary & Ann, I've thoroughly enjoyed it these years and still do) whatever occurred had disappeared. No matter.



Arriving at 3:10 AM and always waiting, this morning's online NYT has an Op-Ed "What Is Sadness, and What Is Depression?" then "We don't have a good way of talking about the difference between them," and I'd open and read but that they would count it as one of my ten for the month, or didn't they recently reduce it to five? But then, I don't want recent to reduce me to something or someone I don't care to be or watch, do I. 

Again no matter, no way am I going to buy a subscription to that or any else that gives me a daily peek, NYT, The New Yorker, Chicago Tribune, The Atlantic, Washington Post, So far, The Jerusalem Post is free, Medical News Today, EarthSky News, DelanceyPlace, This Day In History, and one of my favorites The Bitter Southerner. and two or three spiritual or meditation writings that come. CSM also cut me to about five a month or maybe zero free, and a free Palestinian newspaper, Palestine Updates, comes daily or whatever, all of this meaning there's enough to browse lightly without getting serious with a credit card. 

One and all, the marketing idea is that one will subscribe, have it charged to a credit card monthly, and forget about it. The only thing I do that way is Linda's NYT Cross Word Puzzle service, which automatically renews every March. While the WaPo puzzles (which come from Los Angeles Times but are vastly inferior) are free.

Also free so far, Vox, Wordsmith. Yesterday's word was "dree", which is excellent: Anu Garg's note says the word is sometimes seen in the phrase "to dree one's weird", meaning to endure one's fate. This suddenly rings true.

And his Thought for Today was from Harriet Beecher Stowe, "The longest day must have its close - - the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning. An eternal, inexorable lapse of moments is ever hurrying the day of the evil to an eternal night, and the night of the just to an eternal day." Of her two sentences, I like the mindful assurance of the first, the second is more faith-smug than I'll buy into as one who has owned telescopes.

Early, summer morning distant thunderstorms with lightning far offshore: my appreciation of those changed this week.

As life moves on, Malinda seems fine, plans to be (I will go get her at the rehab facility Saturday) at our dual birthday party for Tass and Jeremy. Of course, there's the second aneurysm to be addressed back in Pensacola beginning Thursday afternoon, July 26, but high confidence going in. And rehab for Joseph as we rejoice to see his smile; gently, Lord, gently. JUST NOW FROM HAL JENSON, JOSEPH'S GRANDFATHER: Our 16 year-old twin, Joseph, is in ICU at Bay Med hospital in Panama City. He is recovering nicely physically, but he has sustained neurological damage that will require rehab in a pediatric facility in Atlanta. Pray for his complete healing and strength for the Thompson family

All things bright and beautiful,
all creatures great and small,
all things wise and wonderful:
the Lord God made them all.

Breakfast: black coffee with ice cubes and a sandwich of extra thin WW bread with another favorite, goat's milk cream cheese from TJ's.

T

pic: "Yesterday" snapped 6:38 PM Wednesday afternoon, thereby excusing the fact I didn't have a blogpost yesterday. WTH, it's my blog for my musing, isn't it. But here's today, this morning