shouting, the sound of a horn

Remembering, reminding me, being aware that, being for myself, the blogpost is neither religious nor political unless I say so, and may reflect whatever catches my attention, as was the case for Wednesday and Thursday, or my mood of the moment. Stream of consciousness, a mind dump.



Annoyance, yesterday while texting, my phone shut down. Immediately I plugged it in to charge, only to find it refuses, won't take a charge. So a trip to the phone store's on the table, maybe for this morning? Not having a phone in the 21st century is a minor inconvenience, merely, pathetically that and nothing more. George Washington had no phone at all, much less one that wouldn't charge. Lincoln on the train to Gettysburg: no phone, just the back of an envelope to scribble on. It took me forty-five minutes to drive daily from Harrisburg Camp Hill Mechanicsburg to Gettysburg for classes those three years; I wonder how long Lincoln's train ride was from Washington to Gettysburg in 1863, how long it took? I miss trains, the BayLine. The Sunset Limited. I'd love to drive up to Chipley and get on the evening train for New Orleans and California, and don't look for me.

Meantime, something that entertains me. Preacher's (not me) choice, our readings for tomorrow, June 2, are either Easter7C or Ascension. And, not having a bulletin yet, IDK which. This afternoon I'll get a bulletin when we drive into The Cove for the fish fry. But for now, I'm intrigued with the psalm possibilities. If Ea7C, the psalm will be 97. If Ascension, there's a choice of psalm, either 47 or 93. 

My favored is Psalm 47, praising יְהוָה עֶלְיוֹן y'hVAH elyon, Adonai elyon, the Lord most high, as אֱלֹהִים Elohim goes up amidst shouting, amidst a blast of שׁוֹפָר shofar, the ram's horn. The psalmist meant it for God, but Christians have taken it to acclaim Jesus ascending into heaven, theologically understanding Jesus as divine, as God. 

Psalms 93 and 97 begin the Lord is king, are the songs to David the king or to Adonai the king? Look and it says יְהוָה מָלָךְ - - y'hVAH malakh, so it's not kissing up to David, it's praising God. Good ones.

Either way, Ascension or Easter7C, I get to exercise my decades belated attempt to learn a little Hebrew by going to mechon-mamre to read and listen. If I were to have a new life and got to choose, I'd be a Greek Jew so I could do the entire Bible as my first languages. I guess it would be as a messianic Jew, wouldn't it.

T+