my kind

Any number of times here, I've mentioned Charles LaFond and his blog The Daily Sip. It's all good, exactly my kind of spiritual blog, no religious smugness, none of the militantly entrenched religious Certainty that is the Greatest Sin, having brought about some of humanity's most monstrous evils.

Artist, potter, LaFond is a disaffected (he might not like or agree with that adjective) Episcopal priest. Charles and Kai-the-dog, whom, who knows, he may have named from Greek simply to indicate "me And the dog", though I don't know that. In fact, I know almost nothing. Next then on my list would be Fr Richard Rohr and his daily meditation, with his unsmoky but by no means impious, and pragmatic Franciscan theology. Mainly Charles though. I'd love to have his writing gift, but I'm content to read him and just think "yep". 

Also an Episcopal priest, retired but by no means disaffected, I wonder why Charles is so. Something must have been quite painful. 

Here's a link to yesterday's Daily Sip, and you can figure out how to subscribe free if so inclined. And here's the picture he has on it, and writes around. A shell fragment that is as beautiful as the delicate pink rose that at first glance I thought it was



http://thedailysip.org/2019/08/27/the-shell-and-the-red-balloon/