Second September

Evenings after the reconstruction teams leave for the day, we load boxes and objects, go to the elevator, punch G, and ride down to the Garage level and the dumpster as part of our ongoing bringing 7H back to living standards. Can't go during the day because the Garage is closed to us, being the staging area for building and other materials. 



The first evening we did this, on stepping from the Lobby out into the Garage, I was struck by what a nice plush gray carpet has been laid down there, and frankly wondered wth, until I scuffed a foot and realized it's a thick layer of dust, with tire tracks. A pleasant and appealing carpet design though.

Harbour Village is right on the Bay but our underground garage (it's actually just a little below street level) was not flooded during HMichael, and would have been a safe place to take shelter, more so, I think, than any of the apartments here in HV condominiums. Many cars were down there, including mine, and no problem.



Opening boxes, I found Grover, the bear Joe brought me in January 2011 when I checked in to Cleveland Clinic. Grover is fine, though shaken by his experience of being here during The Storm. He is wearing the Time Turner that Amy brought me, also during the wait time of several months before we flew to Cleveland. Eight and a half years ago, nearly nine years considering that after the angina building slowly over several years, it went unstable over summer 2010 and all came to a head in October 2010. In view of that and subsequent nature and family events of the month, I'm going to use the Time Turner to skip October from now on. In short, just as you enter October, I'll go back to the first of September, have my birthday again, with a second cake and another half-gallon of Blue Bell ice cream, probably Homemade Vanilla the first Time, Strawberry with Homemade Vanilla the second Time, open more presents, then at the end of Second September I'll move the Time Turner to November, thus skipping  evil October altogether. 



Last thing this morning is that the Osprey family out in Boulder County Fairgrounds are doing well. The youngster in the foreground is clutching a fish and snatching bits of it. I watched a while, but instead of watching them hour to hour, I'm checking in every few days now. They'll be catching their own fish before long, and heading South in due course. Likely I'll miss seeing them go because it'll happen in October and I'll be back in Second September to make sure I miss the doomsdays. 

RSF&PTL

T