Wednesday

First Breakfast this morning was two steamed oysters and three teaspoons of "ranch style" baked beans, which are not sweet. Waking was quite early, to an explosive burst of thunder that followed a close flash of lightning, immediately followed by a second flash and boom. Truth, it was not wakening, just brought me close enough to the mental surface to realize it had happened, and back down into wherever. 



Second Breakfast, after slicing them into portion size and two-per freezing bag, was a serving of sockeye salmon, poached. Which always reminds me of my favorite admiral, 1971 to 1974, forty-eight years ago, Chet Heffner, who was from the Seattle area and knew how salmon should be served. My first officers' gathering at the admiral's quarters, the main event on the dining room table was an enormous whole salmon over two feet long. The admiral had poached it, a bowl of mayonnaise on the side. He died in 2001 at age 82. 

Black & Dark early, still pitch black outside as the sky began to lighten into Wednesday. 

Morning pills as I finish breakfast and twelve minutes later my neck suddenly aches awful and the head goes to 700 pounds. Checking, BP 82/49 so time for a nap. Blood pressure does this predictably almost every morning, lasting about half an hour and passing. Beloved cardia once told me if it bothers me eat a salty potato chip.

After nap, we are headed back out to PCB for another load of the clothes and stuff that piled up those ten months in exile.

RSF&PTL