Or pox

first back to Apalachicola
now back to StAndrews

Just my brother and me.



And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:13-15) (KJV)

Grant to us who are still in our pilgrimage, and who walk as yet by faith, that thy Holy Spirit may lead us in holiness and righteousness all our days. (BCP p.481)

Solar system, MilkyWayGalaxy, Universe, highly not unlikely Multiverses (how many Big Bangs can there be if your Logos is not too small?), 


are greater than life and one life and one’s life and our imaginations and images of it and fears of what it may not be after all when all is said and done. What is, or at least what we imagine is because it’s all we specks on a speck can see, is so limited, as in John Bertram Phillips’ Your God is too Small. Again, we ants, who so magnify ourselves, ants in anthills hating, fighting, fearing and killing to destroy the anthill a foot away and all its ants. There are castes of ants: the males live only a few weeks and die after mating, imagine that. But there are sundry and divers ways of dying aren’t there, and also of being dead.

So, moving on, it’s about moving on, isn’t it. Speaking of, this morning we will drive off in the other direction, toward Louisiana, stopping, because we are elderly ants, a bit the other side of Mobile, and on farther up and farther in tomorrow morning, RON two nights in Louisiana and back, RONing enroute, perhaps Mobile. At seventeen or twenty-eight, thirty-nine or forty-eight, even fifty-seven, such use of Time would have seemed wasteful, but at eighty-two is just right. Back in the anthill (in the elevator press G) are two cars; I could wish the air-conditioning in the newer car worked reliably but it’s been in the shop for that several, which is slightly more than a few, times to no avail whatsoever: at some point shall I be shed of it by palming it off on another as low mileage like new? OMG, Father, μὴ γένοιτο, Father, OMG, holy man, where is thy integrity? So, an older car, cool, spotless, perfect and, best of all, V8, low mileage Northstar V8. It’s my life-car. Some Xns have a life-verse, I have a life-car. I just hate to use it up. 

Confessionally, the floodgates, not in the firmament, but of my mind. 

My sister: recuperating uncomfortably, soon to move to rehab. My brother: spoke with him yesterday and he assured me that he’s going to make it. Myself: male ant wondering dubyateeeffoh.
   
Psalm 139    Domine, probasti (Coverdale Psalter)

O LORD, thou hast searched me out, and known me. *
    Thou knowest my down-sitting and mine up-rising;
    thou understandest my thoughts long before.
Thou art about my path, and about my bed, *
    and art acquainted with all my ways.
For lo, there is not a word in my tongue, *
    but thou, O LORD, knowest it altogether.
Thou hast beset me behind and before, *
    and laid thine hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful and excellent for me; *
    I cannot attain unto it.
Whither shall I go then from thy Spirit? *
    or whither shall I go then from thy presence?
If I climb up into heaven, thou art there; *
    if I go down to hell, thou art there also.
If I take the wings of the morning, *
    and remain in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there also shall thy hand lead me, *
    and thy right hand shall hold me.
If I say, Peradventure the darkness shall cover me, *
    then shall my night be turned to day.
Yea, the darkness is no darkness with thee, 
but the night is as clear as day; *
    the darkness and light to thee are both alike.

Pax anyway. Or pox.

DThos+