Time: evening and morning, another day

Seldom do I wake up a morning with a thought or theme for my blogpost. This morning was different, I did, profound, a really ggreat idea that evaporated before I got the bedroom door closed so Linda can go on sleeping. No matter: lurking somewhere, it may give rise to another thought though I never recognize the link.

John Ashbery died yesterday. I enjoy some poets and some poetry and over the years my library has shelved many of their books though never his. Moving from thirteen rooms to three, only a few now, two or three. Again no matter: poems and everything can be found on the internet instantly except for an old hillbilly song that I used to sing and hum as a lovestruck teen.  

Yesterday was a killer for an old man, Time the morning had shifted into afternoon he could hardly move much less think. No debilitating glass of red, and even the trusty ice water didn’t seem to help. I didn’t even get to the CVICU to see my sister, but so much family has converged that at one point she had nine or ten people in her room, so rowdy that the medics insisted it be reduced to the allowed two. Even or especially beloveds can be exhausting. I’ll go back this morning disguised as a priest so they won’t run me quickly out. Family, visiting and supper at J&JCT's last evening, some thirty of us or so. Both my brother and my sister have beautiful grandchildren, a small sample:


Most of the beloveds intend to stay at least until Tuesday, tomorrow, when we anticipate the next significant news. She looks perfect, good color and mood, and conversing brightly, old self, seems totally healthy; but her cardiovascular system doesn’t know that, isn’t swallowing it. And then there’s Time, Time enjoys being critical, the center of attention, doesn’t it. Time surely has gotten my attention these past six years and more.

Irrelevant but nevertheless, line by Ashbery    

“Most reckless things are beautiful in some way, and recklessness is what makes experimental art beautiful, just as religions are beautiful because of the strong possibilities that they are founded on nothing.” 

DThos+ somewhere far downstream in +Time+