Thursday Pensacola 1.0


Up early enough to blog not an update except re: myself. Waking, we are in the motel room, sitting up in bed, sipped a cup of brewed coffee, now a second cup but Maxwell House instant stirred into hot water then filled with warm tap, and munching exceptionally tasty breakfast of chicken salad in croissant. 

Assuming all is well overnight as no word from hospital this morning. We are going in early because Ray & Britany are driving to PC, Ray to get Lillie at school I think, returning late tonight. 

Me. Without going unnecessarily into detail, this event of extreme family crisis has taught, is teaching, me about myself. That I have graduated from paterfamilias, which I held as Commander Safety and other busy bossiness the quarter-century from my father’s death in July 1993 through May 2018; early in this event losing my confidence in my judgment and seeing the judgment of the next two generations fully competent to be trusted to see and do the right thing. T&R, I voluntarily relinquish and retire lovingly!! You have the conn. I’ll be in my sea cabin. 


CDR (Retired)