pines


The newly decorated room here in Hampton Inn is pleasant, soothing, and under other Circumstances, in brown and green, the framed picture of pine trees would be most appealing. But now it’s like a car backfiring for a soldier recently returned from Vietnam. Afghanistan. Iraq. Pine trees are beautiful, what Hurricane Michael reduced them to can’t be laid at their roots or their snapped off trunks. But I’d never again allow tall pines in reach of my house.

On the other side of I10 from our fifth floor room window, Trader Joe’s opens at eight o’clock. We’ll stop there on our way - - “home” to - - SoWalton. TJ’s have an unusual cheddar cheese and, hoping not just at Xmas, a liver paté I like. Coffee beans too, when I know where my magic machine is again.

Yesterday, highlight, the other reason we are here, FSU College of Music, PRISM 2019. In quick succession somewhat like Cirque du Soleil at Disney, thirty-eight music pieces, opening surprising and delightful here and there around the auditorium. One I needed, maybe because of Circumstances was Jingle Brass playing Jingle Bells. And Highland Jig with Scottish bagpipe. I’d love to see and hear several pipes playing Highland Cathedral sometime.

By the end of day I was more than exhausted, even too tired for facial expressions to reveal how much I loved the weekend! Including Time in Apalachicola and, nevertheless, notwithstanding and all things considered, my Saturday morning Time at Trinity.

The room here is always good, close and convenient to TJCC, we have been coming to this inn fairly regular for nearly twenty years. This time though we were here for two nights and parts of Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and never once would their new wi-fi system connect on any of our four devices, only my personal hot-spot. So whether we stay here again will depend. 

Sun comes up an hour late here, has arrived to shine on Holiday Inn next door,  and it’s Time to start our Monday.

T