sunset, sunrise

Now I'm really annoyed. The first clear morning we've had in ages, and it's cold outside: why? Because it's 49° in Panama City but only 40° here in Santa Rosa. That don't make no sense. Mind again, this blog is for me not you, so the blogpost don't have to make no sense neither. 



Yesterday was good. There were more people squeezed in around the Sunday School Confirmation Class table than I had set places for or made handouts for, and the class was fun; at least it was for me. The best news was that, having been compelled to squnch into two sessions what normally takes me four sessions, I gave them a quick intro, then discussion time (epsicolopians are never shy about asking questions that challenge Tradition), then did a Bible study for the second half of the hour, and it was good. When the catechism says it is required of those to be confirmed that they ... are sufficiently instructed in the Christian Faith, I've seen (Mark 9:1, ἴδωσιν, from ὁράω, see, perceive, realize, understand, finally get it) that the Christian Faith is about the Bible and not the organization and history of the Episcopal Church anyway, so this year that's my approach to confirmation instruction. Short intro, handouts to read and look up stuff online and do not-hand-in homework, then Bible study to experience instruction in the Christian Faith. So, good, including information about the many ministries our own parish does in the line of Christian Faith and Life.

Another wake up call of the light bulb coming on during Epiphany Season.


T+