warped

Light rain when I raised the shade this morning, black coffee and two small cocoa truffles from Trader Joe's


Breakfast later: black coffee and a fried chicken sandwich. Next week being my six-monthly visit to my GP, yesterday I drove into PC with the lab order for the requisite week-ahead blood draw. Fasting, only water and black coffee. As I left here late, waiting room was full when I arrived. Long wait, but WTH do I care, I've got the rest of my life during which I have to be somewhere, and my complaining stomach can stuff it. More coffee there, a good vein for the technician, who is quite good.

After, stop by the downtown post office, what with the work going on at Harbour Village, garage is closed, postal service doesn't deliver mail to a construction zone, so now we have a P O box. Little key among the letters and catalogs, you have a parcel, use this key to open locker 2 and get your parcel. Box from Joe with two sauces, smoky hot and Carolina thick sauce. On the way back to SoWalton my stomach starts whining so I stop at Breakfast Point to fill car's gasoline tank and into Publix for beef. But it's 12 noon and as I walk into the store, fried chicken aroma hits me in the face. Box of fried chicken and loaf of fresh baked five-grain whoie wheat bread.

Back in the car and head for SoWalton. Stomach now smells the chicken, but I'm not eating chicken in my car, so open the bread and eat four delicious sliceswhile driving twenty minutes or so back here to 3P. Upon arrival, lunch: four more slices of bread (these are very thin slices), buttered, sandwiches of one chicken breast, and two chicken thighs, all lightly salted, Carolina Thick Sauce poured on liberally; black coffee. Linda ate the wings and Malinda ate half the other chicken breast.

Friday breakfast then: sandwich of half a chicken breast on buttered ww bread, heart pills and black coffee. Word a Day and Poem a Day. Southern boy cant beat that breakfast unless, instead of bread, bicuits and brown gravy.

Anu Garg's word: nidifugous

Anu's Thought for Today
In order that people may be happy in their work these three things are needed: they must be fit for it; they must not do too much of it; and they must have a sense of success in it.

As for myself, my working years I was a "workaholic" to the disadvantage of my loved ones and myself, and to the gain of nobody. There were many weekends I should have been up at campgrounds on BlueRidgeParkway with our travel trailer instead of working away in my Navy office. You can put that on my gravestone!!

W


pic from EarthSkyNews, another warped galaxy like our own warped MilkyWay galaxy