Friday

Sometimes I miss. Not because I want to, not because I decide to. Not because I forget. Not because I have nothing worthwhile to say, which in fact is everyday. Sometimes it happens, just happens. Yesterday was such. Today, almost. 



About ten years ago Linda looked at a BOSE ad and said "I'd love to have one of those" so I ordered one. Big surprise $1400 but being she's a TV person, it was tucked away in a corner and only used occasionally at Xmas, there are two dozen CDs of Christmas music here. When we were setting back up in recovery after HMichael it was moved from behind her chair in the bedroom to the dining room. Same-o same-O.



This week I moved it from the dining room into here, my office study den and ordered a couple more CDs to have music decent to my taste. It takes one on top and five below. It goes fine as long as it's in the background, music I don't have to pay attention to when I think (when I thinks, I goes to sleep). Gabriel Heatter or somebody used to sell these along with news on the radio. Then Bose hit it big when automobile manufacturers started putting them in their cars as a note of quality and prestige (read snob appeal).



TJCC brought me a jar of TJ's olive tapenade and it's good. As T suggested, I made a muffaletta, this morning for breakfast: not having the full correct ingredients, I made it anyway my way: one slice dark wheat seeds bread lightly toasted and cut in two to make half a sandwich, light smear mayo on each inside, thick coating tapenade on each inside, ham half slice cheddar ham half slice swiss ham half slice swiss ham half slice cheddar, top and spike and two queen olives green stuffed with pimiento. Cup of strong black coffee. 



The new sliders are accumulating in the garage, which is, has been since HMichael, and will be for months to come, staging area for construction materials. Residents park on StAndrewsMarina for the interim. It's no problem and the walk is good exercise.

Last evening and this morning watched The Battle of Hürtgen Forest, late 1944. Much too Hollywoody, focused on one company platoon patrol of American soldiers to get the big picture.

Friday.

T