Wednesday whatever

One cup of coffee early morning, rarely two cups. Mug actually, volume at least two old fashioned teacups. But after nap, whether morning or afternoon nap, a mug of tea, always tea. A tea from England, or Lipton's, boiling water over a teabag and let it go dark red. Tiny cups of LandOLakes half/half "mini-moo" here but almost never used, tea alone is soothing and perfect, a gentle wakeup and settler. 

Okay, to announce it is to commit to trying to maintain it. On my spring 2019 trip to my GP the doctor said "you've gained ten pounds in six months, you need to lose ten or 15 pounds". By concentration and effort, at my six monthly GP weigh-in yesterday morning I had lost 23 pounds, but I've been here more than a dozen times before in my adult life and it's always come back, usually in spades. This time the project was so much trouble, dropping weight in old age, that at least at the moment I'm seriously determined to try and keep going down to perhaps shouting distance of my Navy weight. Heart healthy, which is an issue, and I'll feel better. Part of the good news this time was finding out that as well as being full of nutrients, raw oysters are low calorie, a good weight-loss food. 

A martini once a week and one finger of Islay scotch now and then won't hurt. Drop of the Bushmills that Joe brought me from Ireland. Red wine from time to time. Won't help either, but, as the man says, "My friends, life is short."



What with the news coming off the Bahamas, perhaps we will feel less put upon. How would we be had HMichael hunkered down over us for forty hours instead of moving rapidly through in four - - is a rhetorical question. We would still not be able to get back into Bay County. Issall relative. There are "blessings" and then there are "Blessings".