Friday the Eighth

 


Walk this morning, I don't like having to do it, but it doesn't take long, as I make it fast and intense. Mr Safety holding both side rails, mind you, run all the way down the stairs, because in my mind, to take the elevator down to do my walk would move me to doubt my sensibilities as much as everyone else who knows me; then either back up the stairs, or some combo of elevator and stairs; or, as today, around the park, pausing to snap a few pics of springtime, and elevator back up, arriving home at 7H with a low but acceptable level of out of breath panting and don't need to fall into bed.

It's personal this morning, see; breakfast, three or four very thin slices of Boars Head pink roast beef from Publix deli. I know the chicken and the turkey are heart-healthier, but the beef is my favorite from there, in fact when I've had breakfast at Cahall's, instead of eggs &C I usually got them to make me a roast beef sandwich. On leaves of lettuce; no carbs for breakfast though, so no bread or toast. More hot, black coffee. A slice of Dutch gouda cheese.

Yesterday: excellent! A ride around StAndrews with a friend, trying as best I could to remember what was where when my father, and a generation later my brother and I, were boys here. It was a barefoot boy's paradise. 

And seventy-five to eighty years later I can still see it all from where I'm sitting right this minute. Who ever would have dreamed!

Then to Gene's Oyster Bar in Millville, cold, raw, and salty from Cedar Key. I remember a saying from the South where I grew up, "It don't git no better'n nis-shere." Thanks for a happy morning!

Friday now: life is good, better, best. Walking, running I'm as content with myself as I'm likely to be, seeing as I'm not looking forward teo my 17th birthday or my 40th birthday. But for anyone who's there, 17 or 40: enjoy, relish, appreciate, be thankful, makarieoi, blessed, happy, you won't be there again, and when it's over and done you can't ever go back, so be sure to accumulate memories; you'll be wanting them!

Sunday School preps. Again, I'm still thinking of all that's in our quite lengthy Palm Sunday gospel reading from Luke.

RSF&PTL