Wednesday zoom

 Wednesday, an unusual night's sleep, nine or nine-thirty to six-thirty. In a dream, we drove to Pensacola, where I bought the most beautiful new Chrysler station wagon. This car had to have been from the mid-sixties, when Chrysler products were so lovely, part of the American dream, at least of my dreams,

and I did in fact want one when we returned from Japan the summer of 1966.

The Chrysler dealership on 15th Street had the exact car of my dreams on the showroom floor that July 1966, but the dealership was closed and locked, some sort of legal shutdown, and the car was unavailable. We ended up going to Pensacola and buying a Dodge station wagon that served us well but was never the Chrysler I wanted. In fact, for all my Mopar products, I never had a new Chrysler. Dodges and Plymouths, but never a Chrysler; which my mother once told me surprised her because of how I had loved my grandfather Gentry, who always drove Chryslers, and admired and enjoyed his cars.

In my dream last night, driving home from Pensacola I got us lost, ended up in a situation where the only way out was up a rocky hill, so I picked up the Chrysler station wagon, tucked it under my arm, and Linda and I made our way up the hill to the road.

Dream the Impossible Dream really happens in dreams, where the mind takes leave of itself and carries the dreamer to wherever or whatever the subconscious desires, or fears.

Come to think of it, maybe I know where that dream came from. I want to go to Pensacola to see my brother, and last evening I was browsing Chrysler 300 sedans online.  But would I part with my sixteen-year-old SRX V8. I don't think so.

Pot of black coffee earlier, then my walk, which again involves the stairs, which is the best cardio I know of. Always panting when I return to 7H, which is part of the idea, the exertion, but not too much at this age and this stage of CHF.

Palm Sunday. We'll have our usual Sunday School class, and I'm thinking we'll focus on the reading from Luke, the longer version, with Luke's anomalies, 

Jesus serving two cups of wine, 

Jesus visiting Herod, and 

Jesus telling the repentant thief, "This day you will be with me in Paradise" - - Luke's apparent view of afterlife as Luke has Jesus voice it, to compare and contrast with Paul's description of being asleep in Jesus until the trumpet sounds; and do any of the other gospel writers have Jesus say things about the future, eschatological sayings? And what do YOU believe, and how comfortably certain are you with it?

Zoom meeting coming up in ten minutes, our weekly HNEC staff meeting, shifted this week from Monday 9:30 to Tuesday 9:30, now set for Wednesday at ten o'clock.

I'm ready, wearing a real shirt but that's about it.

RSF&PTL