Tuesday in Holy Week


How I know I'm still alive is that mornings when I get back in bed to sit up and have coffee with Linda, I can lift my right leg onto the bed. It's pretty personal: you have to figure out your own way for yourself.

My feet are cold, my feet are nearly always cold, so most nights for the past half-century or so I've slept wearing socks. Best is my "sleepy socks" that are so soft and the top is loose, not tight. Daytime in cold weather I'll wear the Ugg slippers that Malinda gave me for Christmas ten or a dozen years ago. They're soft and comfortable too. 

Why am I writing this - - more to the point, why are you reading it, it's personal, go away.

The burned out wreck of a shrimp boat some yards out - - the Coast Guard I guess, put a yellow ring around it to contain the oil spill. Channel 13 reported they had 800 gallons of fuel aboard. The USCG (?) also put a hazard to navigation light on top; it seems to be several lights flickering in a pattern then pause then again.

What's my big problem this morning? Two, there are two. The CHF seems to have pretty much taken control, so it's a FuroForty day, Furo60 actually, and stay close to home. Breakfast? Well, not until after my run down and up the stairs. Then maybe a can of sardines? I like my sardines with a glob of yellow mustard on the side, and for some illogical reason I prefer the tiny sardines to the big ones that are always in the European brands; but really, it's all good. 

The other problem is the Far Side of the Moon: why is it different from the Near Side? A scientific article this morning says it's because a large impact on the Far Side burst the surface skin and let the molten core spill out &c. I think it's because the Far Side cooled while the Near Side faced the still molten Earth and didn't cool for eons and eons. If you know it's always been this way, the Lesser Light to rule the Night &c, you know it was all created like this on the Fourth Day, from the Beginning along with the dinosaur bones. We all have our right to whatever.

Although, probably the omniscient state legislature, in the abysmal ignorance of their consummately arrogant stupidity, will pass a companion law to Don't Say Gay, forbidding the teaching of astronomy to preschoolers. It'll be called Don't Say Moon and will be signed into law by the Governor.

What else is troubling this morning? "U S Weighs Shift to Support Hague Court as It Investigates Russian Atrocities - - The government is hamstrung from helping the world's war-crimes court by two laws and a policy aimed at barring it from charging Americans". Oh, right - - why we got away with My Lai, and Shock & Awe, &c: it becomes personal. Again, in our world only the victor decides what are war crimes.


Tuesday in Holy Week

O God, by the passion of your blessed Son you made an instrument of shameful death to be for us the means of life: Grant us so to glory in the cross of Christ, that we may gladly suffer shame and loss for the sake of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.


RSF&PTL