Wednesday Thursday

 


Personal privacy is compromised, so one must take care, but blogging is similar to journaling or keeping a diary. Similar but different. All three are setting down one's thoughts in writing, likely intended audiences vary, and objectives. A diary most private to oneself alone, to be respected as inviolable. I've never kept a diary, now and then I've jotted down thoughts of a "diary nature", most private and personal emotions, memories, hopes, joys, disappointments, but deleted, not preserved. Once, when I was twelve or thirteen, I opened and read someone's diary, greatly offending and forever straining a relationship. My lesson from my own shame included not only to respect others' privacy, but never to be too trusting. Some of life is too private or intense to share, but too bursting to keep bottled up, may need expressing, so diaries.

Doris Day sang it when I was a teen, "Once I had a secret love". Calamity Jane, was it?

Journaling, one can totally immerse and lose oneself in journaling. I've had friends who journal, even journal as a form of meditation, reaching for the Divine. As I age I've pondered shifting from blogging to journaling. Blogging, often I disclose too much of myself, and my blog is never meant to be a forum.

From October 2010 and on, CaringBridge served me helpfully and well, and beginning February 2011 along with my +Time blog, until Summer 2012 when the CB format was updated and it suddenly quit accepting my posts. This, my +Time blog, is meant to be sharable and shared private thoughts, opinions, views, observations as I live another extra day of Time that in January 2011 was reckoned encouragingly to be ten years, now past eleven. 

Though not especially "counting", yet aware of it, mindful that "Life is short, and we haven't much Time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us", it doesn't feel like "borrowed Time" yet! Every Day Is A Beautiful Day, and nights too from here in 7H - -

looking out my Bay window, a controlled burn across StAndrews Bay at Shell Island this evening reminds me of April 1968, from Arlington and Alexandria watching across the Potomac River as WashingtonDC burned in the days and nights of enraged response to the assassination of MLK. In life and Time, violence, even rioting mob violence, may be the only right and good response to evil. That was such a Time.

Or perhaps a version of the Just War Theory now being played out in international encouragement and material support for Ukraine. Substantially more, including sacrificial violence, may yet be required to stem the evil that Russia has evidently decided suddenly to become as a nation in a world that since 1945 had seemed possible even despite our hatreds. 

Of Russian persona, I'm remembering that, although Russia was on our Allied side during WW2, it was only because Hitler double-crossed Stalin: the two of them had agreed how the Lebensraum between Germany and Russia would be divided up; otherwise, but for Hitler's megalomania, the Reich and the Soviet Union would have settled this together early in the 20th century. Reich is empire, and so was the Soviet stretch to be, temporarily frustrated by the fall of the USSR.