Tuesday anyway

 


Breakfast: one deer sausage and one Ball Park frank. The deer sausage wins. I think Will got this deer. 

Walt hunted, my brother, I never did. So far as I know, our father never hunted, and if I wasn't in school I was working at the fish house from age nine through graduation from high school; in my growing up years, hunting or fishing was never an opportunity of life. I don't know who my brother hunted with, maybe Bill Guy next door. Will is a blessed and much loved boy, and his dad leading him to be a skilled hunter. 

Good deer sausage this morning. Usually I have it in a hot dog bun, with mustard drizzled on, but no carbs for breakfast these days, so with a fork, and mustard on the side to dip in.

Exercise: I don't love exercise, in fact, I hate exercise, but going out and doing it is holding on to my self respect. Nothing off campus at all anymore, strictly here aboard HV, this morning running down and then back up the stairs. See image above. In case of fire or other emergency, do not take elevator, take stairs, and staying alive is an emergency, so the stairs. Nineteen steps between each level. IDK why anyone would take the elevator down to the exercise place anyway, that don't make no sense. Elevator back up after, maybe, but not this morning: stairs down and up. Heart healthy, and good for the legs.

Not so great for the panting on returning to 7H, but a promise is a promise. To self.

71° and 90%, feels "close", dew point 68°, which explains why it's so hazy out, Shell "Island" hiding behind the mist. Mostly cloudy, but there's sunshine. I think we're under a tornado watch, possible rain today, though my weather radar shows the severe weather moving to the north of us. We'll see.

See, like yesterday's Bible Study blogpost, this is an update to myself, verifying that I'm still here by the fact that my fingers are moving. Yesterday was a personal "Bible Study" that I enjoy doing some days, especially as regards one or the other of the Lectionary readings for the upcoming Sunday. No scholar by a long shot, but I'm a Bible student and I'm interested and take it seriously, and now that my seminary New Testament professor is long dead, I've replaced him as the world's utmost skeptic. For discretion, I should journal or keep a diary instead of a public web log spilling my whatevers, but this is who and where and what I am at eighty-six, and seeing as I can't be seventeen or forty again, eighty-six and doing and saying what I DWP is fine with me.

Enough drivel. It looks like we twentieth and early twenty-first century folks, my spell check wrote fools, maybe that was better, have ruined the environment, atmosphere, globe for all future generations. Does it matter in general? I think people are devolving anyway, beings of hatred, obsessed with rights, quest for personal wealth and power, humans may not deserve a future, but what about all the other species?

We're at an impasse. Putin has turned Russia into an image of the Third Reich's quest for lebensraum and killing people, totalitarian, aggressive, apparently self-entitled. The reports of Russian atrocities coming out of Ukraine prove it's Time to take Russia out of the international picture once and for all and permanently. But how, without committing infinitely worse war crimes ourselves? Destroy the world in order to save it? That's imbecilic My Lai reasoning. What then? 

Delay to ponder and contemplate aren't solving anything. Russia has become like a household in which one member of the family has gone mad and started killing siblings. How to take him out, when the metaphor dissolves into the reality of a nuclear world.

Chores today. Staff Zoom meeting canceled, postponed another day. Take our gate key-fobs down to the HOA office for renewal. Mail my income tax check. Check the mail at the downtown postoffice. Walk again, more exercise?

Maybe a nap.

RSF&PTL

T