Friday the Seventh: Weekend

 


Dad osprey feeding fresh caught fish to the mom, with bites also given to the chick, who is about 11 or 12 days old now. The mom bird sits on the other two eggs some, but that may be mainly to keep the chick warm. No osprey expert just a watcher, I'm wondering if those other two eggs are viable. 

Retirement seems like it should be Time to clean up a bit, and honestly, I'm trying to neaten up around my little sty here in the living room. Walt & Judy came yesterday for visit here then we went for early afternoon lunch dinner at Hunt's, short wait and absolutely jammed inside and loud, but fun & good. Today Andrea, Shaun, Abby, and Kristen coming around noon for lunch and visit. We're planning shrimp, fried chicken, salad, ... . Later we'll drive out to Pruitt to see Malinda. Point of all this leading to explain that Uncle Bubba is trying to keep his corner neat for a day or two.

Neatening also has included working on my office study den a bit. Also, cleaning up my Facebook page by moving to archive all my blogposts for the past dozen years, only leaving a few posts put on by others over the past several years. That housekeeping effort was so massive for Facebook that I had to leave it open to finish overnight; to continue the neatness, theoretically at least, when I post a blog I'll leave it up a day or so then archive. Nevertheless, all the blogposts are still available on my Blogger +Time site.

Forty Days in the Wilderness continues with our going here and there for church on Sunday, and I'd intended to visit several other denominations for fun & good before returning to HNEC. But with my Forty Days being cut short by the bishop's office we may as well go on back to Holy Nativity soon after I serve as Supply Priest there on 16 June instead of waiting until our new Rector is in place: IDK, I'm not seeking advice, just voicing wandering thoughts. I've been doing this for so many years that if Sunday church is interrupted I feel off balance.

So what else is new? Poem for the Day isn't up yet. Israeli war in Gaza continues its devastation. War in Ukraine is becoming unpromisingly depressing in the extreme. Anu Garg's word for today is certainly a useful one, logodaedalus, how can I work that into a sermon or something? but I do appreciate his Thought For Today

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:

Truth-tellers are not always palatable. There is a preference for candy bars. -Gwendolyn Brooks, poet (7 Jun 1917-2000)


Enough already, then, eh?

RSF&PTL

T88&c