+Time


Continuing reading Resurrection Journey in which Jeremiah watches what Jesus did each of those forty days he lived from Easter Day until Ascension Day. It's an interesting exercise that joggles the mind about what one might do if you returned from death and knew you had forty days to do whatever. What would it be?

This has been Easter Week, as the Church calls it, and in the story Jesus is seen visiting places that were meaningful to him in life. After a day of rest and recuperation he goes to Bethlehem to the stable, visits the shepherds, now grown old, stops by the home of Simon Iscariot and his wife who are grieving wondering whatever happened to their son, why he hasn’t come home, visits Lazarus, Mary and Martha, has a delicious meal, spends some time with them and an overnight in the guestroom of their home in Bethany, goes by to see how the young woman is doing whom he rescued from being stoned for adultery and we get an update on that: out of an abusive marriage, happily remarried and expecting a baby. 

Reading a day at a time, I’m wondering not only what the story will have him doing over the days to come, but what I would do in the circumstance. Would I visit places where special things happened for me? Would I try to change anything or correct mistakes or make amends? Where would I go, what would I do? Would I tell people I had loved how much they'd meant to me? When the forty days were over irretrievably would I be satisfied with how I had used them?

Resurrection Journey is an imaginative tale: what did Jesus really do during those forty days? If granted them, what would I do with my forty days.

Come to think of it, +Time is my forty days.

Pause ...

TW+