no shirt no shoes no service

What do we have this delightful Saturday morning, October 2014? Slight gentlest waft of breeze, 76F and 91%, hey, we’re Floridians, baby, it’s all good. The surf is rolling in, still dark at 5:34. Been out here an hour with one cup of coffee so far, a little pod of Linda’s creamer. Someone shouts on the beach far below and a dog responds yappingly. How good does life get? Well, it’ll get a little better if for no other reason than that the second cup of coffee will be black.

This condo business is to find out how we feel about condo living, and so far it’s all good. Impression may be influenced by the lone and silence. Not to mention the view into oblivion. I’m looking at a Google Map. If I get in Jeremy’s kayak and start paddling straight south, I will cross the Gulf of Mexico about noon, pass between Cuba to my east and the Yucatan to the west, into the Caribbean Sea, and this evening I will come ashore at Honduras in time for supper. 

Real world, my tasks today include our huge walk-in attic, where I've already made progress, and my upstairs office, which is a disaster.

Fall Break: we’re taking Kris and Malinda to Captain Anderson’s for dinner this evening. What to order? Depends on whether the whole red snapper is on the blackboard. 

Tomorrow: exciting Sunday School class looking at the Golden Calf story and also at Jesus’ parable of the wedding guest who got caught at the reception barefoot, wearing only jeans and a hairy chest.


W+