Wednesday

Wednesday

Cooler outside, surf no longer angry, but sullen, as though it didn’t win yesterday, it and the wind. Lightning, thunder and driving rain passed on, the sea is still here biding its time, waiting for the wind to return. It’s lover, the wind.

Today. Walked. Breakfast. Stopped and visited friends on the way home, cool and quiet at their place, do they remember me? Do they remember? Are they? Where? How long, Lord? Questions without answers are as good as any.

Still working in the house clearing out and giving away, Linda taking some few last things for auction. Select a paint for the back ramp, knowing that whoever lives here next may think getting old is for old folks and tear it out: they’ll learn before it’s over. Quick trip back out to the beach condo for my hearing aids because I have a four o’clock appointment to get them tuned up. Also, because it’s my pulpit Sunday it’s my turn tonight and I need to be able to hear. Beef and chicken enchiladas for supper at church this evening.

Do you think we’ll have rain?

W