RSF&PTL

Not sure what I've posted or updated and I'm not going back to reread my own writing, so may be repeating here!

Very good indeed: Tass drove over from Tallahassee, bringing treats including a pie from Charlotte, and worked like a beaver in 7H, getting us back in business, we ancients are so very grateful. Tass is safe back home. Sunday evening Chef Ray made us all a gourmet dinner, if I lived with these folks long I'd have to start running ten miles a day. Speaking of: the Heart Health meter on my cell phone shows I've been getting great exercise throughout this stressful Time, better than sitting looking out my Bay window in 7H. Today the insurance adjuster is meeting me at 7H to go over our damage which, inconvenient for us, is nothing, comparatively absolutely nothing as I look around at what other folks are enduring, OMG. Also today an insurance adjuster is to inspect Malinda's house, which Ray is handling for them. 

And now this morning, Ray told me that he has "a big pot of grits" waiting in the kitchen. Ray was born in Pennsylvania, but "a big pot of grits" is as Southern as life gets, both the expression itself and the fact of it: Ray's grits are never soupy runny, these are real grits.

If I didn't say it already, we are fine. My only evident problem is that even with my ears on I have trouble hearing and understanding on the telephone and so must hand the phone to Linda to hear and talk for me! Malinda's brain surgery already had us in Pensacola before the storm started turning ugly. Britany works for Wyndham Resorts and secured, for the six of us, a 4th floor 2 BR 2 bath beachfront unit through October; and a 17th floor 3 BR 3 bath unit through November, also Gulf beachfront. Thus the hurrication. If 'tweren't for the mess we are all facing in this part of Creation, a delightful family vacation for us. Oh my, the sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico! Sunday evening:



So, what to say?
The Spacious Firmament on high,
With all the blue Ethereal Sky,
And spangled Heav’ns, a Shining Frame,
Their great Original proclaim:
Th’ unwearied Sun, from day to day,
Does his Creator’s Pow’r display,
And publishes to every Land
The Work of an Almighty Hand.

Soon as the Evening Shades prevail,
The Moon takes up the wondrous Tale,
And nightly to the list’ning Earth
Repeats the Story of her Birth:
Whilst all the Stars that round her burn,
And all the Planets, in their turn,
Confirm the Tidings as they rowl,
And spread the Truth from Pole to Pole.

What though, in solemn Silence, all
Move round the dark terrestrial Ball?
What tho’ nor real Voice nor Sound
Amid their radiant Orbs be found?
In Reason’s Ear they all rejoice,
And utter forth a glorious Voice,
For ever singing, as they shine,
The Hand that made us is Divine.
                                            Joseph Addison