so, okay

Sirius, down from Orion's belt, Sirius is brilliant in the black sky. And, Mike having seen it and said so, is that faint white smear truly the Milky Way up high, our galaxy, the rest of us. Oaks by the Bay Park lights next door get in the way of clear sky watching, but they're for security, add to safety and an assuring sense of it, so okay. Quiet Bay, not even any lapping at the shore below, or maybe I need my ears. 

Speaking of, on the half-round chinoiserie table by the front door, where the key tray is, under the matching mirror, is a list of six, my before takeoff checklist so I don't have to come back up from the garage or, worse, get there without and have to fake it. Ears, glasses, wallet &c. The list is tacky, and we Southerners don't abide tacky, so I'm doing it in Hebrew, not translated into Hebrew at this point, maybe eventually, but first just the six English words written phonetically in the Hebrew alphabet, alefbet symbols, why? because it's noyb what I have to remember. ז for example, zayin, begins the word zipper, because from time to time I've arrived and discovered that I've embarrassed myself. 


On other fronts, Absalom, Absalom! having stirred curiosity about Faulkner, I've read several short stories, yesterday "A Rose for Emily" which has the same theme as a story George Chapel once told, a chortle. Then began The Sound and the Fury, finishing the April 7, 1928 section that, astonishingly when one thinks about it, but not when considering that it's Faulkner writing it, is narrated totally comprehensibly, except for the time jumps that the reader has to get used to, by Benjy the idiot, and Jason already showing up as evil. Today, and time allows, starting the June 2, 1910 section about Quentin, who also has a major part in Absalom. Introducing Sound, Faulkner wrote that he only got a feeling of joy, a writer's thrill, in writing Soldier's Pay, a feeling of excitement that never returned in writing any subsequent novel, so I may read that one next to see if I can discern anything about why it brought him that feeling. Not likely, it was probably just the artist's sense, and after that pure commercial effort for the money, satisfaction but not the emotion.

At any event, today, Saturday: work to do, prep, so that tomorrow is fun.

5:06 Friday evening, CFC Forest Panama underway for Limon with kraft liner.

T