SSR.1.1

Bright and happy, Welcome, happy morning.


Sunday was a good day. At church, good sermon (Rector, not me), full table at SS, lots of chat, and ran out of time before getting to the gospel reading. Six oysters, martini, spinach and grilled porkchop for Sunday dinner, quite a long high priestly nap and woke just as severe thunderstorm moved over 7H. These things are incredibly beautiful.



One lightning strike so close the flash and crack were simultaneous and the sound so loud that we left the porch to go back inside.

Enjoyed the FB back and forth about pickup trucks. I've had two, one an older Ford F-100 the second an F-150 that I ordered new from my friend Richard at Gulf Ford Mercury and enjoyed our closing two or three years in Apalachicola. 

The SSR, which is becoming a collectible, was a "retro" vehicle like the small Chevy HHR and Chrysler PT Cruiser. Folks my age may recognize the origins of the SSR in the designer's imagination as he (the same designer conceived both the Chrysler and the Chevrolet) looked at a 1948 Chevrolet truck. 



Friend Kristin had one that I loved and got to drive once or twice those Apalachicola years. Hers, that as I recall her mother Helen drove down from Wisconsin, was named Albert for Prince Albert. Friend Paul has one, a 3/4 ton that he has restored to perfection. The SSR 



appealed greatly to me for all kinds of reasons, including convertible, pickup, V8 either 5.7 or 6.0, and a retro look reminiscent of my all time favorite truck as a boy, the 1948 Chevrolet. If you can't see it, I guess you had to be there. But one, it was too pricey; and two, it was too big, a retro could nicely have been scaled down a bit. But OMG, you would never beat me away from a stoplight - - -