better

All my growing up life with her, my mother suffered from allergies, hay fever and asthma, sometimes even life threateningly. And honestly, it was so much part of mama that I grew up thinking of allergies and hay fever as a woman's affliction. How ridiculous, but experiential makes truth, doesn't it.

And now in old age, my own experience of it in season, which is now, I don't know what's growing out there, but a couple days ago I made the mistake of sitting outside on he porch, balcony, to enjoy the spring day and oversee traffic for a couple of hours, coming in only because the day had receded into too cool for my comfort. That may or must have done it: allergic reaction of terrible cold-like proportions. No fever, I don't think I have a cold, but all the same head, nasal stuff, sneeze, cough, it drives me alphabet crazy and compels taking medicine I hate: someone's delicious raspberry flavored syrup, one tiny cup every four hours, max six in 24. But at least it seems to help me get it under control. One intriguing thing is reading that there's a cough trigger in the brain that one of the syrup's ingredients controls, and sure enough, the coughing fits have stopped at least for the moment. 

We are still on hurrication in SoWalton, spacious, comfortable quarters, 3 br, 3 bath for the six of us, and, looking for blessings, a happy thing about it is living once again in a household with a little girl. Lilly will be four next month. And the new house at Breakfast Point is promised to be ready for closing mid to end April. Out of my control, but I think we are safely here until then. The new house was selected as specifically


suitable for Malinda to have a bedroom, bathroom and sitting room on one side; and Ray, Britany and Lilly on the other side, where there is also a front bedroom and bathroom that may be made available comfortably for Linda and me when we need to stay with Malinda while the others are out or away.

It's hard, difficult, conscience troubling to say Life Is Good when so many folks are having such a terrible time with postHurricane and floods, ice storms, war's devastation, and all that; but life is good and promising and comfortable for us at the moment. I am up and down on the disaster chart, now maybe climbing more than falling; but driving through StAndrews, downtown PC, and through the Cove still stirs outrage, tears, and cursing the sky. Maybe it will be better this morning? Maybe.

T