putting off

Sunday, it's Sunday morning, so as clergy I should be doing something religious, from or about the Bible or that, eh? Instead, I scroll down my email inbox, glom onto and read a NYT article on procrastination. Thus perhaps committing in itself an act of procrastination of something else that I know I should be doing? But maybe not, all my bills are paid, I've gotten round to paying them as soon as they arrive instead of setting them aside for a few weeks such that I always find one or more late or within a day or so of going delinquent. Against old days when I was rushing to the postoffice to get my return date stamped before the midnight deadlind, nowadays I get up my tax stuff as soon as possible and get it to the CPA well ahead. What did I procrastinate this morning while reading the article on procrastination? Or what do I procrastinate as a way of life and that leaves me feeling negative about myself - -


For long years, childhood raising and Navy years, I was up early, shower, dressed and quickly ready for the day. Since moving into 7H, I found that, being retired, there's no hurry. And that, unlike living in a house, in a secure, gated, elevated condo, nobody is going to come knocking on the door, probably ever, much less several times a day such that I need to be dressed, presentable and smiling. Linda is still and always up early, fixed, dressed and ready. The pressure for me to be so is off and gone.

For examen, what do I procrastinate then? Exercising, going for a walk first thing; it did wonders for my self image. Even when not walking, for a long time I'd walk down the long flights of stairs and run back up to the seventh floor; but at age, it started leaving me collapsed and gasping, most unpleasant, and searing pain in the knees; all the excuses I needed, so, no more.  A resolve then: up early and light exercise as a five-day routine before breakfast. In Time, I'll report back to myself on +Time how I'm doing and whether it makes me feel better about myself. Kindly don't offer to help; I'm essentially a loner: I want, need to, and must do this by myself      



https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/25/smarter-living/why-you-procrastinate-it-has-nothing-to-do-with-self-control.html