News


Blog being by me for me, I owe me no apology for the Monday post being later than I prefer, though an explanation is a common courtesy: too busy identifying a sixties Ford Falcon and a London Taxi in response to inquiries. London Cab and London Taxi are not the same, and I read that London Taxi is owned by Geely, the same Chinese company that owns Swedish automaker Volvo Cars.



This sort of internationalism, expanding to total economic interdependence, is good for peace. My last Buick was from Germany, for example. Another Buick model is imported from China. Lots of Japanese brand Toyota cars are made in America. This laptop computer was assembled in China.

Breakfast: breakfast egg casserole left over from yesterday's brunch at church for the bishop's visit. Drive into PC to cast vote for new, 8' sliding glass doors at HV, check mail, and take car to shop for check engine light. Door change is a no-brainer. One must be patient with a nearly fourteen-year-old car. In my earlier days this second shining of the check engine light would have primed me eagerly to start browsing for a new car, but there's no car I prefer to my 2006 66k miles V8. Like Ove's Saab cars. Though Ove said to trade in for a new car every three years.

Three of my girls are on spring break at Disney. Although the younger of the two once told me in response to being called Papa's girl, "I'm not your girl, I'm my daddy's girl." Reminded me of over a half-century ago, First Girl storming at me, "I wish you'd quit calling me LadyBug, I'm not a bug". 've since tried to be more mindful of pet names. 

Floods, spring tornado season at hand, hurricane season returning as spring turns to summer. Shootings all over the globe: are we to the point that Christian can be defined as one who hates Muslims and vv? In some ancient times, courage was the ideal. Then, love. What next?

We're entering a new era of what's Normal Times. 

T

car pic: thanks, Frank!