Monday Meander


Early checking the news, first Haaretz about the En Ensur excavation announced Sunday, a 5,000 to 7,000 year old city in northern Israel, roughly between Hadera and Umm al-Fahm,



uncovered during a highway construction project.



Scanning Haaretz, crossed a link to a DW (?) article about ongoing cultural and economic differences still existing between not as yet really reconciled East Germany (DDR) and West Germany from when Germany was reunited some three decades ago. 

Turns out DW is Deutsche Welle, a website and program (I am innocent, I only know of them what I read of their propaganda) that promotes international understanding of German, Germany. Maybe I'll go back and subscribe to their daily online webcast and see what it's really about. But in any event, I took their German language test when I should have been doing my daily examen, on which I scored 70%, which was rated "very good" and recommended me for level 2 of their (free) German language course. German and Logic were the only courses I enjoyed at UnivFlorida those four years that were so long ago, you can keep the rest of it.

For the kind folks who, yesterday at church, told me they like reading about my breakfasts, today's


pretty similar to yesterday because I wanted to go ahead and finish the lox. This morning no cream cheese, but a taste of TJ's
uncommonly good cheddar and a bit of English blue, stilton.  Although a regular favorite, this stilton is not as tasty as the French roquefort bought along with it. Mug of black and a few blueberries. I call these small dishes "my Nazi plates" because they date to Germany in 1937. Still pretty to me, and thankfully have far outlasted the 1933-1945 Thousand Year Reich.