MY CUP ...

A problem giving up coffee and tea those months was not only the coffee or tea but missing the mugs. For years children and family have honored me with gifts of coffee mugs and teacups -- Christmases, birthdays, Fathers Days, travel mementoes, all for love’s sake ...
From a dozen years ago there’s a mug with a photo of Kristen and Ray. Brought to me from a trip to the beach. 
For my 60th birthday half a generation back a mug that says “If you tease me about my age, I’ll beat you with my cane.”
I’m tired and I want a cookie” says another.

Mugs with Caroline and Charlotte's handprints.

Fr Tom” mug made by a friend at St. Thomas
MIND THE GAP” brought back from England by the summer 2009 travelers. It has a map of the London Underground.
Another with pictures of Westminster Abbey, same trip.
A tempered glass tea mug Tass & Jeremy brought me from England years ago. Linda and I looked after their house and cats in Tallahassee while they were away.
A black mug with a design imprinted, bought by my mother because Tassy very small insisted, “My dad will love this” and indeed he does.
From Joe, a Harley-Davidson “hog” mug in the shape of a hog with my date 1935.
Mugs with Kristen’s picture and her soccer teams.
Christmas one year from Kate, Kevin, Tim and Ben:
More tea, Vicar?

This morning ...

I LOVE CATS

this morning's coffee mug proclaims boldly. 
Beneath, smaller

“I just can’t eat a whole one by myself.”
My cup runneth over.

TW+