Irrelevance, Insanity, Pax & Quenching the Light


Irrelevance, Insanity, Pax & Quenching the Light

Fifth Sunday after the Epiphany
Set us free, O God, from the bondage of our sins, and give us,
we beseech thee, the liberty of that abundant life which thou
hast manifested to us in thy Son our Savior Jesus Christ; who
liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever. Amen.
Villages feared lost in Solomon Islands as tsunami hits, destroys, kills, washes away. Revolution festering, brewing, renewing in Egypt. Israel saber rattling against Iran. Gun control battle heats up the fringe. Shiite president Ahmadinejad of Iran visits Sunni president Morsi of Egypt and is warned against spreading Shiism in the Middle East. Gomer Pyle marries. Civil war rages in Syria. American kindergartener scolded and suspended for pointing a finger and saying “pow.” Car bombings in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria. Pragaash, meaning “First Light,” teenage girl rock band in Kashmir, threatened, intimidated by authorities and breaks up, terrified. Up 231 in Midland City, Ethan turns six and watches “SpongeBob Squarepants.”

Psalm 138
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
1 By David. I confess Thee, with all my heart, Before the gods I do praise Thee.
2 I bow myself toward Thy holy temple, And I confess Thy name, For Thy kindness, and for Thy truth, For Thou hast made great Thy saying above all Thy name.
3 In the day I called, when Thou dost answer me, Thou dost strengthen me in my soul [with] strength.
4 O Yahweh, all kings of earth confess Thee, When they have heard the sayings of Thy mouth.
5 And they sing in the ways of Yahweh, For great [is] the honour of Yahweh.
6 For high [is] Yahweh, and the lowly He seeth, And the haughty from afar He knoweth.
7 If I walk in the midst of distress Thou quickenest me, Against the anger of mine enemies Thou sendest forth Thy hand, And Thy right hand doth save me.
8 Yahweh doth perfect for me, O Yahweh, Thy kindness [is] to the age, The works of Thy hands let not fall!

In +Time T+ fiddles the Sunday psalm and fiddlededees the Sunday collect.  

Kate, Bump and Wills in the Caribbean. Harry W and Harry W-S square off over Cressida.

Some is irrelevant, most is insane, a Light is quenched, and there is no peace.

Pax anyway.

T