So what’s for Tuesday then?


So what’s for Tuesday then?

Nature’s Call at two-fifty, back to bed, turn off the heat on the underblanket, snuggle in. A few minutes attempting to resume sleep, get up, peep out the blind, yep, the paper’s there.

This early to rise habit hasn’t made me healthy, wealthy or wise, but it’s all good. It started October, November, December 2010, January 2011, when I was given two to five months to live and ran beyond my allotted time while waiting for my Cleveland Clinic OR appointment. Every morning, waking to go to the bathroom, I’d think this is not unlikely to be my last day, I’ll stay up and enjoy it. Got to be a habit, didn’t it, and still thoroughly enjoying.

The day’s amazing already, a damp, drizzly world, the Bay roaring in the blackness, waves rolling in, deafening surf. Reminds me of the place we owned at Alligator Point for a few years in the mid-1980s, too noisy to think. Actually, I was forty-eight then, too young to think anyway, thinking can wait till seventy-seven.

Coffee maker heating, treadmill & stretch-band time, two stuffed egg halves for protein, coffee in my Life is good mug, eggs on a folded paper towel, to the back living room, coffee mug on my butterfly coaster, lean back in mama’s lift chair. Haven’t needed the lift feature as yet, and mama never could learn how to use it. Sip coffee, open email, nibble egg.

This then is why I don’t do Facebook, don’t need to, I can blog about my trips to the bathroom. +Time for me is homologous to Facebook, eh, and thank you very much, Wordsmith.org and Bonnie Hale!

Bible Seminar this morning at Holy Nativity and tomorrow afternoon at St. Thomas, in Acts of the Apostles, chapters 9, 10, 11, and 12. We’ll join Paul on the road to Damascus, then back with Peter for a while. As from next week our remaining sessions will be with Paul on his missionary journeys, leading finally to Rome.

Everybody brings a Study Bible. They are great for chasing around the Bible looking up stuff, but they are all in small print, which is not great for our age group. So our handout in Bible Seminar is always a large print rendition of whatever we’re studying at the moment, both for our presbyopia and for ease of reading aloud around the group. In this regard, folks have their favorite translations. Mine is perhaps Young’s Literal Translation, which we used for Acts chapters 1-8. Today we’re using The Message. But for a treat I made up a three-column rendition of YLT, The Message, and The Voice so folks can (a) compare and (b) see word for word what Luke actually wrote if we need to do that sort of Bible criticism as well as enjoying his adventure stories about the characters of the earliest church. O'clock: ten to eleven-fifteen Through the Garage this morning. One to two-fifteen in Jewell Hall tomorrow. All invited, all welcome!

TW+