Heaven: cool breeze, clear sky, ship passing, green light

Not to say the sleeping habits of the aged, more our nocturnal erraticisms innit. Maybe it’s actually making up for, IDK. Saturday evening my head was on the pillow by seven:thirty and awake at 12:19, downstairs drinking coffee before 12:30. Last night light out after watching Mike on the lawyers’ call-in program, I didn’t know Mike took a turn on the show but as always he was the neatest, coolest and sharpest but the sound was mute because Linda was asleep and I couldn’t follow the conversation via the subtitles however Mike is one of my heroes so I watched anyway; then this morning Linda sits on the edge of the bed watching to make sure the Bubba is still breathing (oh rats) then says what’s going on, it’s seven o’clock. 

What has happened? Here am I, Lord, on an August morn, sleeping till seven o'clock and now sitting on my upstairs front screen porch looking out across St. Andrews Bay at Shell Island and in a light, comfortable, even cool, breeze. Maybe the Bubba is not breathing, this is as heavenly as anyone could ever get, maybe I am in heaven. No, I don’t hear the Anglican Chant, so obviously this is not heaven and I’m still alive.  

O Lord, our heavenly Father, almighty and everlasting God,
who hast safely brought us to the beginning of this new day:
Defend us in the same with thy mighty power; and grant that
this day we fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of
danger; but that all our doings being ordered by thy governance, we may do always what is righteous in thy sight; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (BCP)
Incoming: a ship moving east in the far channel, in a couple minutes she will pass me in the near channel heading west to the Port, yep there she goes, a container vessel heavily laden.
Actually, maybe this is heaven. Where’s that green channel marker, Lord?

TW