Saturday


This morning we'll drive across Tarpon Dock Bridge on our way to church because this is Baptism Weekend and I’m looking forward to it, a baptism this morning and a baptism on line for tomorrow morning, ten-thirty at HNEC. No service is more fun than baptism and -- 

no Creed is as powerful as the Baptismal Covenant. I say that, no fan of the Nicene Creed which, for my money and mouth, (i) asserts theology that is speculative beyond human knowing laid on the Church by quarreling and angry old bishops nearly two millenia ago; and (ii) when all is said and sit down, a reasonable response is “so what?” But the Baptismal Covenant not only says “I believe” but it also says what I will do because of what I believe -- the five “will you?” promises that give Christianity not only heart and soul, but hands and feet and puts Christians on the Way of the Cross -- with the One who died at the end of the Way and in faith was raised. The faith of baptism is that we too shall be raised. 

We’ll see. Am I looking forward to it? No, I’m good here reminiscing about The Cove and looking at pics of how it was when I was a boy. 


It wasn't like this yet, we had a wooden bridge at Tarpon Dock, and from my house at the other end of Massalina Bayou I could hear it rumble every time a car drove across! Thanks for the pic, Missie and others, I love it. I wonder if anyone has a pic of the old wooden bridge?

T+