I Voted

 When I was a boy is a common theme that should either have quotation marks around it or be in italics, but it’s my blog and it doesn’t. When I was a boy it was inconceivable that a local seafood restaurant would not have mullet on the menu, nowadays you have to search one out. Gene’s or Captain’s. Fish Net in Lynn Haven had delicious mullet for years but last time we were there none available and the time before that they were terrible, so like a cold day in hell. Well, maybe if we hear different. Catfish Pad in Tallahassee. Oyster Barn on Bayou Texar in Pensacola, I’m having the last of Linda’s mullet from there for breakfast -- with corn bread, dense delicious cornbread. I’m no longer a hushpuppies fan, you get rocks anymore. Mullet and cornbread.

Why mullet for a blogpost? Should I write that a ridiculous indictment couldn’t happen to a nicer guy than Rick Perry? We are strange people, Americans, jerked around, led by the media like brainless cows with a rope through the nose. Are they still fighting ISIS in Iraq, why no headlines about that? What’s that fool with the green hat doing in Afghanistan, why no news from there? But no, media are leading us, we’re being led compliantly through the streets of Missouri where a stupid trigger happy cop shot a punk bully cigar thief six times for jaywalking so the media could create the racism event of the millennium. The media will stay as long as there's tanks, teargas smoke, the sound of gunshot, and somebody running away from a smashed shop window with a television set. 

But hey, what about my early ballot? When I was a boy here you registered Democrat otherwise you couldn’t vote when the decisions were made. Besides, when I was a boy Republicans were despised yankees still down here with their carpetbags. Navy years I switched to GOP but bailed when Ron in an incomprehensibly stupid and culturally uncomprehending move sent Marines to Lebanon, I bailed even before they were slaughtered that horrible night, so now I get a blue ballot for the primary. My ballot, what’s this? Three spots to vote on? Jim Fensom’s easy for judge, check. Lawyer buddies suggested which one for AG, check. But what’s this -> -> hey, I remember this guy, first they told me to vote for him for governor now the same guys who told me to vote for him then are telling me no he was a terrible governor don’t vote for him now, but the same guys who told me not to vote for him then are telling me to vote for him now because he’ll be a great governor, they’re all nuts so I voted for Nan. Why wasn’t Gwen on my ballot, I’ve been a Bob Graham fan for as long as I can remember. Oops, I’ve showed my cards.

Looks like my Tuesday morning Bible class made up yesterday, by the time I finished my chicken drumstick and left church, eight or ten folks had signed up. Instead of evening, they wanted a morning class again, so fine with me. Starts Tuesday, September 2, day after Labor Day. Start gathering between 9:30 and 10:00 for coffee/tea/snack and to meet and visit with each other. As before, class will convene with prayer promptly at 10:05 and adjourn promptly at 11:15 so folks can get on about lunch and their day. No particular church membership is required, all are invited and welcome. 

TW+