octopriest

octopriest

CFB heart attack day, however all but one of my teams won, Michigan, PennState, South Carolina, Florida Gators. My only loss was whoever was playing Ohio State. My teams would have had a second loss except that FSU had a bye week. 

For next week there’s not the slightest chance of another rained out cancellation, the only hope is that the Gators get lost on the way to Tuscaloosa. For chrissake, Will, take the wrong exit.

Okay, it’s official, Bubba is 79 in spite of myself, starting my eightieth year this morning. Does this render me an octogenarian, or must I wait to actually complete the eighty? I claim it anyway. 

My parents named me Thomas Carroll Weller, Jr. and the first two years of my life we lived in a house across from a ball diamond on Frankford Avenue, a dirt road, a block from where my grandparents were living on Baker Court. In 1937 my parents built the house on Massalina Drive: it was finished and we moved there in January 1938 a couple weeks before Gina was born. Walt was born a year and a half later, and the three of us grew up in that house, played in the surrounding thick woods, and went to Cove School and Bay High. This house where Linda and I live today my grandparents built in 1912. My parents acquired it in 1962. Mine now, it’s a great place to live but the longer we’re here the huger it gets. I won’t be the last octogee to notice that sort of thing.

Happy birthday to the holy man


T