Clown

Clown?

Between boats buzzing by, flashes of lightning in distant clouds and the sun crazing closer clouds gray to pink to white, some dawnings are more serious than others, just as some pumpkin patches are more sincere than others. I’ve always and still disclaim that this is a political blog, indeed I’d be a clown if it were such, as nobody with any sense wants to hear political advice from some fool preacher; I certainly don’t, though the BibleBelt is full of it in every sense of ludicrosity.

But now and then something political creeps in. Like now. Ten candidates I watched that evening, on stage as the GOP debate. It wasn’t a debate (there'll be debates later), it was a two hour field-the-question session, more like baseball. Here’s my impression: a pack of alphabet bozos with batting averages lower than my PSA. Twins, like a carton of eggs. Small eggs too, eight small white eggs and one large brown egg. More of the same political vanilla b.s., and b.s. don’t stand for ice cream neither. I like Dr. Ben Carson, and if he’s the nominee fine, but that isn’t going to happen. The rest of them are egomaniacal political bozos. Only one jumbo egg in the carton, and he was the reason I invested a hundred twenty minutes of my life in watching the program, to be amused and entertained by TheD. He’s like a baseball umpire: he calls it like he sees it (and apparently like many other people see it, whatever "it" may be). He wears the suit of the umpire who in response to the question “Was that a ball or a strike?” says “It ain’t nothin’ till I call it.” He has time neither for waltzing nor for suffering fools gladly. TheD is what every politician might wish he had the guts to be.
 I can’t see voting for him, because his election would reveal to all the world that Americans really are the clowns they think we are. So, if he's elected I can love it while saying, "Don't blame me." But the fireworks in Washington would be fun years, four or eight years of the Fourth of July. In fact, by the time it's over he will be President-for-Life and all members of Congress will have been rounded up, arrested on charges of capital treason, and held without bond, awaiting trial while the scaffolds are finished. Internationally, there’s this for everyone who’s sick of Washington and tired of feeling embarrassed about being American anymore: PresD wouldn’t take no crap off of nobody.

Here’s an incisive little blogpost about him.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/126589300371/clown-genius


Pancake flat, the Bay has gone from ink to pink to gray, clouds on the horizon are magnificent for 180 degrees, just below me someone is casting for his breakfast, and ...

... Life Is Good.

T-anon