Thursday

On my porch this Thursday morning late in August, the sky is clear, the Bay is flat, a small tug is crossing toward the west. A light breeze is, thankfully, pretty much lifting away the cigarette smoke that’s coming up from the porch two or three stories below me. I’m not complaining.

Yes I am, but with 72F and 66% the morning is too delightful other than to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative. Latch on to the affirmative. And don’t mess with Mr. In-Between. How old does that make me?

Someone is fishing below, casting out some few yards. If not a regular, he’s no stranger, though we’ve never seen him catch anything. 

Tomorrow is on the calendar for a festive day. Joe arriving from NC for the week. Tass & family from Tallahassee for the weekend. Kristen home from Atlanta. Remember the cliche, a child is a person who travels through your life on the way to becoming an adult. We are no more kittens or puppies than our dogs and cats, but humans hold on longer. If I could change myself, the first thing might be to shed this agonizing trait of clinging.

Other than that? Move into this condo sixty years ago and start over. 



A pax on all smokers.

T+ in +Time