my precious


There is a saying “you can fool your superiors but you cannot fool your subordinates” and I have found that true. Working with people, especially people above me in organizations, did not make me a psychiatrist, but inevitably made me an experiencer and observer of humans and human nature. One spots personality types and occasionally encounters personality disorders, some severe. Twice in my years I encountered what I later learned was narcissistic personality disorder named after the mythical Greek god Narcissus, who fell in love with his own beautiful reflection in a pool. He has an extreme feeling of self-importance, a sense of entitlement, and a need to be admired. Encountering failure, he cannot accept any responsibility or blame, but always blames others, must find someone to blame when things go wrong. Twice I worked with narcissistic PD people, one a naval officer; one long, long ago and far, far away, a priest who is not an Episcopal priest. Now I observe that one is running for president, in which regard comes to mind an article in this morning’s online NYT    

Donald Trump, Losing Ground, Tries to Blame the System. Mr. Trump and his allies are trying to compensate for organizational deficiencies by framing the Republican primary process as rigged and corrupt.

and I call down in prayer the Kyrie eleison upon any poor soul who might work for this man, Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy, you will always be kissing you know what and eventually you will be fired regardless of eptitude or incompetence because inevitably something will go wrong and he will blame you. Kyrie eleison. Flee.


anon.

"my precious" - what Gollum calls The Ring in Tolkien's LOTR trilogy