welcome, happy

Up just after two o’clock to offer a sacrifice to Father Nature, back to bed, wake, sleep, rouse, doze, sleep, anxiety dream in which I can’t find a shirt to wear to school. All my clothes are still packed up from the trip, I’m almost late, all dressed but can’t find a short-sleeve shirt with red in it to go with these pants, dashing back and forth between house and car, closet and suitcases, getting later, look at the clock, school bell has rung, my kids are in the classroom alone and I still can’t find even a white shirt to wear. I haven’t thought to stop and call the principal to say I’ll be late, put someone in my classroom to watch my students, ah, here’s a white shirt hanging in the closet, why didn’t I see it, put it on, it’s soiled and wrinkled I can’t wear this to class, I'm late and'll get fired,



snap awake and realize I was dreaming, the only relief of an anxiety dream, which never resolves except by waking. Head down on the pillow, back to sleep, Linda touches my back that it’s time to wake up, twenty-five minutes to five. I sit up on the edge of the bed and hear my coffee maker grinding.

No time panic, as I’m not preaching this morning. Mike won’t be there, so it’ll be different, a different Sunday morning routine, but relax, I don’t have to do last minute sermon brushing up prepping. 

Dawning but still dark outside, black coffee and one square of Lindt’s dark chocolate with touch of sea salt.

Welcome, happy morning! age to age shall say.
Hell today is vanquished, heaven is won today.
All bad dreams are over, bright forevermore
Coffee and dark choc’late, word that rhymes with ore.
Welcome, happy morning! age to age shall say.

My all-time favorite Easter hymn and I get to sing it once a year. I may change next Sunday's hymn list and make it the opening, processional hymn.

Last sip of black as the sky lightens the other side of Shell Island.



DThos+  

pix thx JR