dream on


Some mornings, and this was one, take one’s breath away, usually, and this was one, before the camera can be grabbed and a shot snapped.


Some August mornings, today again, are so stiflingly humid as also to take the breath. But


the walk was good anyway. 

For the first time in thirty-five or more years, this morning I parked my car, dropped keys in lap instead of pocket, locked car door, got out, and realized what I’d done just as the lock clicked. So

rode to Big Mama’s on the Bayou in Robert’s truck, ordered an extra breakfast, for Linda, phoned her with the bad news she must come get me and bring extra keys. She laughed before I got to a punch line.

No matter. Panama City is accommodatingly small and convenient. Not so much as Apalachicola our years there, but still as&c. This was basically from one end of Beach Drive to the other. 


Best recent dream. Reporting aboard a cruiser as a commander. Alles ist gut until I realize I'm in a lieutenant commander billet. Explaining that my last two commander assignments were captain billets, to no avail, I relax and enjoy the cruiser. What brought this to dream? USS Fitzgerald news. I love cruisers, destroyers and battleships. Keep the rest unless I'm 23 and this is me.