rats


Rats, a great discussion handout for Sunday School yesterday, and started with it but again distracted myself with Jacob’s history and personality and his/its consequence for family humor in campfire stories during Israel’s travails in the wilderness with Moses. Ah well, it was the last Sunday School class of summer, which I said at the outset would be unorganized and wandering. But this morning I noticed and regret wandering too far where’ve wandered before, and failed to get to all the interesting stuff. 

Rats again, and more regrets, at opening and scanning one of the daily morning news update emails. So, get a load of my annoyances. Governments have pride, will not, cannot, lose face before the world or their own people. Anyone of either party is a moron who thinks sanctions will deter, much less force to back down. Governments of Russia, Iran and DPRK, and now Venezuela, are deep into national pride and will redouble rather than retreat. Earthlings are specks on a speck, why must we hate each other like neighboring beds of warring ants. It’s governments that do this to us. Why do we tolerate authority over us. All authority and all government are all ways always all bad. All government and all authority. 

Game of Thrones in the news. Never’ve seen it, never’ve watched, don’t know what it’s about, can’t stand any television not even the sound of it in the next room, especially contrived nonsense, there’s enough nonsense in real life; and especially fools deciding what’s news tonight. The sole exception: weather news. Read a book, for chrissakes. 

Dunkin’ Donuts deleting Donuts and becoming just Dunkin’? Makes sense to me. When we lived in Ann Arbor, friend, university classmate and fellow naval officer John and I loved to drive out to Dunkin’ Donuts after class. John was from Boston and’d grown up loving Dunkin’ Donuts. Always brought to mind Philip and me, or me and Brad, or Jerry and me, walking down University Avenue to, was it “Main Street” I don’t remember, to a donut shop, each buying a dozen glazed and a quart of milk, and sitting on the curb outside stuffing on donuts and ice cold milk until the quease set it. But the last time I stopped at Dunkin’ Donuts was at their new store in “Little Dothan” and bought “donuts” = => the recipe had been changed to yield a product that gummed up in the mouth. Never again. If I don’t like anyone deciding what’s television news to me, I sure as aitch don’t want someone looking after my health by changing donuts, which were never in hell meant to be healthy in the first place. What has sin deteriorated into, how am I supposed to love sin if it can’t even taste good anymore. Yes, change it to Dunkin’ because it sure as aitch ain’t donuts.

Last in the “news” Sean Spicer and Baghdad Bob on “Dancing with the Stars.”

Full Moon means something besides let there be lights, a blg light for the day and a little light for the night.



DThos+